“CTY will be recognized by students, parents, the education community, and policymakers as the world leader in the education of pre-collegiate students of high academic ability. CTY’s programs will serve all qualified students regardless of their ability to pay.” –– CTY Vision
CTY shares with its parent organization, the Johns Hopkins University, a three-part mission of teaching, research, and service. More specifically, CTY:
Seeks students of the highest academic ability through its talent search and offers them challenging educational opportunities that develop the intellect, encourage achievement, and nurture social development.
- Conducts research and evaluation studies that advance knowledge about gifted education; develops best practices in educating highly able children; and disseminates its findings to parents, the education community, and policymakers.
- Supports educators in their efforts to meet the needs of highly able students, assists parents in advocating for their gifted children, and participates actively in community service.
- designed to nurture talented Bermudian students
- to collaborate with Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth
- to offer classes for both private and public school talented students
- to sponsor an island-wide Math Olympiad
- to use an academic Talent Search